Tuesday, July 26, 2011

VLVJUL2011 - week3

I've been pretty busy keeping up with DT responsibilities and finishing up wedding invitations I was hired to make........and working full time and taking care of my family.  Sooooooo, I have fallen behind in participating in the Viva La Verve challenges.  I am going to try to get all of the July challenges done this week so that I am eligible to win some free Verve......or able to feel less guilt when I order more to reward myself for having participated in all of the July challenges.  :)    I loved the sketch from week #3 so I started with that.




Verve Stamps definitely inspire me to produce cards that are somewhat outside my comfort zone, but I always love the end result and this is no exception!  The finished product is always something so delicate and beautiful looking. 


This time I inked up a sentiment from the Feel the Sun  stamp set and paired it with a flower from the One Person stamp set.  I chose some paper from the Basic Grey Hello Luscious paper pad and some PTI kraft, vintage cream, and sweet blush CS.  I sponged the edges with some PTI tea dye duo ink.  I stamped some text from the PTI Background Basics:  Text Style stamp set in SU crumb cake.    I colored the  flower with copics (R00, R01, R02, Y12, Y15) and popped both that and sentiment panel up with foam dimensionals.

Here is the sketch:


10 comments:

  1. How funny! I feel the same way about Verve challenging me to go outside my comfort zone. They are such beautiful stamps, though, that I always like the end result. Your card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card! I like the soft colors that you used, and the great sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Kim! You did a wonderful job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GORGEOUS! Totally love how you used the papers and your flower is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful!!! Love the papers and the great image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty, pretty, pretty! The DP and overall colors are just dreamy. I love this card and how you rocked the sketch! Seriously fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great vintage feel to this card. The floral image is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!