Sunday, July 10, 2011

Refrigerator Notepads

The last time I did a craft fair, my skinny notepads and pens sets were a big hit.  I had multiple people ask me if I also had magnetic refrigerator notepads and I did not.  Yesterday I found this great video tutorial HERE and so I whipped up a batch of them.   




I went down to my local Staples and found a pack of 6 legal pads for $5.99.  They charged me $4.00 to cut them into twelve 2 inch pads.  I used the PTI Polka Dot Basics stamp set and stamped the card stock with versa mark ink.  I stamped the sentiments from the PTI Take Note stamp set and punched them out with a 1.25" circle punch.  I adhered that onto a 1.5" circle and the adhered that onto a 1.75" scalloped circle.  I popped the flowers up with dimensionals.  I hand cut the leaves and added some faux stitching with a white gel pen.  A little magnetic strip on the back and you're good to go!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for this great idea! I'm thinking of doing a craft fair in November and I know these would be a hit. I'm also going to make one this morning to add to my daughter's birthday box. THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these look great, Kim! Good luck with the craft sale-- I'm sure these will be snatched right up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea. Love the leaves.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic project! Perfect for those quick notes. How did they cut it at Staples?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool. I have yet to make a note pad. These are so pretty, nearly too pretty to use. Kick butt at the craft fair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great!! Love the simplicity of your flowers but at the same time that make such a statement. I know they will be a hit at the fair. Now off to see the tutorial. tfs
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!