Monday, July 11, 2011

RCC10 - Paper piecing challenge

I LOVE to paper piece!  I have been wanting to play along with the Ribbon Carousel Challenge#10 all week and I just had a chance to do so................7 hours before the link closes!  Whew!  I just ordered a few digital stamped from Teddy Bo (so stinkin' cute and fun to color) and I thought this image from the Teddy Bea line called "Swinging on a Star" was a fun choice for paper piecing.  I typically paper piece clothing, but this time I decided to paper piece the moon!


I chose some Bo Bunny Mellow Yellow DSP  for the moon and paired it with some PTI white, harvest gold, kraft, and dark chocolate CS.  I ran the kraft label through the SU square lattice embossing folder.  I added some PTI dark chocolate twill ribbon, a PTI dark chocolate button, some espresso baker's twine, and some pearls that I colored with copics for embellishments.  I completely forgot to leave out my copics as I colored so I couldn't take a pics of the ones I used like I usually do.  Oops!




For the inside of the card, I layered the white CS over harvest gold CS and then stamped this super cute sentiment from the Verve  "To the Moon" stamp set in Momento rich cocoa ink.

3 comments:

  1. Kim.........This is so precious!!! Lovin' this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea to paper piece the moon...I would have NEVER thought of that!! Adorable card, love the soft yellow with the brown.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!