Monday, July 25, 2011

PTI July Blog Hop

So glad I could sneak in time to play along with the PTI July Blog Hop tonight.....before I cook dinner! This time it is an inspirational photo challenge.  Here is my card:



And here is the inspirational photo:


I was inspired by the colors,  but also that pillow on the right.  I remember seeing Nichole use the new leafy vine border die to make a felt flower and those flowers on that pillow had me thinking I could try and make similar paper flowers using that die.  Once I wound the vine up with my paper twilling tool, I mounted it with a glue dot on top of the flower shape  from the Tiny Tags die collection and used that as my base.  I added tiny black gemstones to the center of the flowers.  Pretty, huh?!   Thanks for hopping by my blog!   

Stamps:  PTI Botanical Silhouettes, Turning a New Leaf, and Background Basics: Text Style  Ink:  SU kraft, PTI chai, Momento Tuxedo black  CS:  PTI kraft, whire, ocean tides, spring moss, and melon berry  Tools:  PTI leafy vine border die, PTI mat stack 4 die, PTI Turning a new leaf die collection, PTI Tiny tags die collection  Accessories:  black rhinestones

15 comments:

  1. Very pretty, love the flowers.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this layout, really gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful little trio of flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty - the flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty card! I love the sweet flowers you've created and your layout if fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Pretty flowers and like the distressing on the mat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty..and great job on the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is beautiful. The flowers are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your card, so pretty. The flower ROCKS! I feel like I use Turning a New Leaf die on every card. It just adds that little something! It really finished your card!
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, beautiful card. Love your take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great design, Kim. I adored Nichole's rolled flowers, and yours are every bit as fabulous! Great take on the inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice,. Love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful!! Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!