Monday, July 4, 2011

Verve Inspired Sympathy Card

I was organizing my crafting supplies and came across the unopened Verve Classy Label Die.  It's times like these that I realize I have hoarding issues with craft supplies.  Anyway, this is my first Verve die and I LOVE it!  It comes with this great alignment tool which came in VERY handy when I was working on a card for one of digital design teams that will be posted later this month.  I used it today to make this sympathy card.


I stamped the die cut with the text from from the PTI Background Basics: Text Style stamp set in SU crumb cake ink.  The sentiment is from the PTI 2011 Anniversary Stamp set called Botanical Silhouettes. I stamped it in Momento tuxedo black onto PTI kraft CS.   I stamped the flowers from the Verve Hope Blooms stamp set on to PTI lavender moon, PTI sweet blush, and SU pretty in pink CS.  I was shooting for a very subtle grandient look.  I added some glossy accents to the centers of the flowers.  I die cut the leaves from the SU Little Leaves Sizzlet.  Finally, I added some pearls to balance the card. I do like how it all pops off the PTI black CS which pops off the white card base.  

13 comments:

  1. Oh Kim this is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim........This is just gorgeous!!! Don't you just love the text in Botanical Silhouettes? I just think it looks so whimsical yet classy. Just love your flowers and the colors you chose. Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful. Love those shabby pink flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautifully done, really like the flowers that you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim.....holy cow! I am in love with this card! I love the black base...those flowers just pop! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great font combo. Love your flowers.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, this is beautiful!!! You should only hoard paper & embellishments - not dies - LOL! I should talk! Verve dies are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful sympathy card. In fact, I was just checking out that stamp set the other day! Maybe it's karma!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! Such a great card! The layout is great and the details are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredible! The the clean lines and beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. send flowers to fiona stanley hospital Great care is taken in ensuring that your flowers will arrive fresh and in perfect condition.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Any such transfer or assignment that does not comply with the restrictive period shall be considered void. diy bouquet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!