Sunday, July 17, 2011

Gettin' My Diva On in July

It' s no secret that I have become smitten with Verve Stamps since ordering my first set a few months ago ..................all of the beautiful sentiments, artsy combo of fonts, and gorgeous flowers to color with my beloved copics!  So, when I saw that I could have a chance to be a Verve Guest Designer by playing along with the "Get Your Diva On" Challenge, I HAD to play!  A girl can dream, right?

This challenge is called "Pretty Purse Plastic."  You have to use either one of the plastic gift cards from the challenge or use one of your own for inspiration.  If you use one of your own, post a pic of the gift card on your blog.  I loved this week's sketch challenge over on the Clean and Simple Stamping blog so I used that sketch for added inspiration.  First, I will show you my card:




And here is the gift card I used for inspiration:


I stamped a bunch of flowers from the Wishful Elegance stamp set and colored them with copics to create my own patterned paper.  I added some glossy accents to the center of the flowers to pay homage to the pretty shiny plastic gift card.  The sentiment is from the Great Friend stamp set which just may be my favorite stamp set.  Since I added some faux stitching to the dark chocolate banner, I am also going to enter this card into the Do You Stack Up Challenge #28

And here are the copics I used to color those flowers:



Stamps:  Verve "Wishful Elegance", Verve "Great Friend"  Ink:  Momento tuxedo black and rich cocoa  CS:  PTI white, melon berry, dark chocolate, terracotta tile  Tool:  SU scalloped border punch, Sizzex Flowers #6 embossing folder, copics, white gel pen  Accessories:  Glossy Accents, pearls



9 comments:

  1. Love the glossy accents on the centers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the flowers and bright colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colors are totally FABBY on this card. Love the embossing folder you used on the MB cardstock and such a great color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So rich and utterly luxe! The texute on this card is so scrumptious. I love the Glossy Accents on your card. You are so clever with your crafty bits and bobs. I hope you win the challenges...all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very delicate and absolutely gorgeous card!! Thank you for joining us at Do You Stack Up. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty card Kim, love the sketch
    thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. I like the colors and ... everything.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!