Thursday, July 21, 2011

July Verve Diva Dare - Sentimental about Paper

I've said it one.  I've said it twice.  I've likely said it much more than that.  I LOVE the sentiments and fonts of the Verve Stamps so it was a pleasure to play along with the July Verve Diva Dare!  The theme is "Sentimental about Paper."  The challenge is to have a sentiment take center stage (no images) and to pair it with some of that pretty patterned paper we all hoard and love. Here's my card:




I used the Cardabilities Sketch #35 for inspiration so I will be entering this card in that challenge as well.  Here is the sketch:

Stamps:  Verve Stamps "One Person"  Ink:  SU Early Espresso, PTI Tea Dye Duo  CS:  PTI kraft and vintage cream  DSP:  My Mind's Eye Gertie Papers  Tools:  Nestabilities circles and scallop circles, MFT Die-Namics rolled rose die, SU Sizzlet Little Leaves  Accessories:  baker's twine, PTI dark chocolate button, red pearls, rhinestones

12 comments:

  1. That sentiment is beautiful. I love the brown background paper. Looks good with the green too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I love the pretty colors and papers and the sentiment just adds the finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Kim, this is terrific! You chose the most perfect papers in combination, and your embellishments are EXCELLENT, all of them! This my be my favorite card of yours ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW that is one gorgeous card! beautifully done and the sentiment is lovely. Thanks for playing with cardabilities for sketch #35 ... hope to see you in the next sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love the dp and the rolled flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is fabulous! LOVE these papers and those rolled flowers set this sentiment off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love the wide range of papers you used and the bright, vibrant colors. Your rolled flowers are the perfect compliment to the sentiment and the papers! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my very favorite Verve sentiments...and you've showcased it marvelously! The papers are delightful, the colors are beautiful and those rolled flowers are just the perfect accent! A LOVELY take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a very beautiful card Kim, I adore that sentiment, LOVE your paper choice and love love those flowers, you have done an amazing job with the sketch, thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just beautiful, everything about it is perfect.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, a really stunnig work Kim, i love roses and the really wonderful sentiment!
    Thank you for playing with us at Cardabilities, a big hug, Francesca from Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great mix of patterns and those flowers are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!