Monday, January 31, 2011

Time to Celebrate

I needed to make a birthday card for a former co-worker......a masculine card.  Ick.  I never look forward to coming up with a masculine card.  Then I thought, "What guy wouldn't want a cute chick presenting a birthday cake to him?!"  I paired the sassy MFT a la mode "Time to Celebrate" stamp with patterned paper from Basic Grey's Marjolaine paper pad.  I colored the image with copics and added some glitter to the frosting.  I finished it up with sime PTI simply chartreuse ribbon.  Yep, ribbon on a masculine card.....but I think it works!
Stamp set:  MFT a la mode "time to celebrate"  Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black  CS:  PTI vintage cream and simply charteuse  PP:  Basic Grey Marjolaine paper pad  Tools:  1.25" circle punch, 1.5" circle punch, and copics  Accessories:  PTI simply chartreuse ribbon

5 comments:

  1. Love your card! The colors are great! Hope the guy likes it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! Love it. The icing is so fun and totally glitzy like all great icing should be. Great masculine card for sure, but with the right amount of ying/yang balance ( that most men could certianly use). Clever you! Thanks again for such a lovley comment on my blog today. I am still grinning like a fool. You've made my day! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim......You've created an adorable card! I lol at your "What guy wouldn't want a cute chick" comment. Too funny! Maybe he just won't mind it being made by a cute chick! ;-) Lovely, once again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Love the glitter on the cake too! I bet he will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!