Sunday, January 9, 2011

Welcome Home

Our neighbors are moving right around Valentine's Day so I wanted to have a card ready to send to their new home so it will be there upon their arrival on moving day.  I wanted something warm and inviting and wanted to tie it into Valentine's Day so I knew I wanted to use red.  I love red and brown together and so it was easy to pull this card together using PTI's Boards & Beams stamp set.  Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 99 was the inspiration.  I just love her weekly sketch challenges!
Card stock:  PTI pure poppy, kraft, stampers select white, and dark chocolate
Stamp set:  PTI Boards & Beams
Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black
Tools:  PTI Guide Lines Grid Impression Plate, SU watercolor crayons & blender pen
Accessories:  PTI pure poppy swiss dot satin ribbon

5 comments:

  1. The card is beautiful and so are the colors. I'm sure your neighbors like this card a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my.... one more set that I've never really thought I needed, but WOW this is so stunning I'm going to have to take a look at it now! WONDERFUL coloring, and I love how the focal image is in a circle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim,

    So sweet and thoughtful of you. They are just going to love this card - I know I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Far out! This is amazing! Not short on talent are you? I found it easy to bypass this set before now, but after seeing the magic of your card I am seriously thinking I might need it now. Dang it! Your card is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!