Saturday, January 8, 2011

Celebrations


I was asked to make invitation for a combined Baptism and Birthday Party.  Hmmmmmmm.   I had the sentiment in my head that I wanted to use, but I was just plain 'ol stuck on the executing the invitation design itself.  So, I turned to my talented blog buddy Laurie Willison for a bit of inspiration and I decided to do as CASE of THIS gorgeous card of hers.   I embossed the card with the Stampin' Up elegant bouquet embossing folder.  I printed the sentiment from my computer and then I used my all time favorite Stampin' Up stamp set, Watercolor Trio, and colored the stamp with Stampin' Up perfect plum and old olive markers.  The card stock is PTI white, perfect plum, black, and simply chartreuse.  I added some black satin ribbon for the finishing touch.  Now I just need to add the invitation info inside the card and this project will be complete!

8 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous, Kim. Love the color combo. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow!!! I love this!! That embossing is awesome! And the flowers behind your sentiment are so pretty!! This is just beautiful! Thanks so much for the shout out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this turned out BEAUTIFUL!! Love the embossing, the sentiment panel is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Great way to combine celebrations. Makes me wish now I had bought that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! They should be delighted with such lovely cards. The offset embossing is gorgeous too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, Kim! I love your sentiment and the purple card with the purple flowers is just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a great invite and fabulous use of Laurie's inspiration! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!