Friday, January 21, 2011

Birthday Ella

Somewhere along my blog surfing way I stumbled upon Lori Boyd digital stamps.    I love this "Lollipop Ella" digital stamp and it gave me another chance to color which I am totally into right now.  I used a stamp from PTI's Backround Basics: Retro stamp set to make the PP.  I stamped Momento rich  cocoa ink onto kraft paper and then used a white gel pen color in the circles in the pattern to coordinate with the dots in Ella's dress.  I was bored with the card and wasn't loving it until I stamped that background and then it all came together!
Stamps:  By Lori Designs Lollipop Ella, sentiment from SU Fun & Fast Notes, Ink:  Momento Tuxedo black and rich cocoa, CS: PTI white, kraft, and dark chocolate, PP: Echo Park Life is Good, Tools:  Nesties circles and scalloped circles, white gel pen, Accessories: brown satin ribbon

8 comments:

  1. That is a great background, Kim, and it totally elevates the card to the fun level!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors and it so girly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute!! I have never attempted to color flesh before, but you did a terrific job with it! Cute, cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling! Great shading!! I love Lori Boyd's images - SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim.......This us such cute card! I love how you worked through making your background. I would have never thought about using the pen to color in the dots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coloring is awesome...the color combo is one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's that little touch sometimes isn't it that makes a card! I LOVE the white dots on the background stamping! (your coloring is fab but then I've said that before!:) )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!