Sunday, January 2, 2011

Curtain Call 63

I took a deep breath and dove into my first color challenge.  I don't know why, but I have stayed far away from color challenges.  I am a sketch-a-holic.  But, it is a new year and I decided to challenge myself to try new things so here goes!  I played along with Stacey's Curtain Call Color Challenge 63.

I pulled out a sheet of each of the 5 colors above and, well, stared at them for quite a while.....and then finally the wheels started turning and this is the result:
:
All CS is by Stampin' Up as well as that awesome owl punch.  I used my Papertrey Ink Double-Ended Banner die.  Then I stamped it with that cute sentiment by Gina K. Designs.  Oh, and I stamped the owl's vest with a stamp from Papertrey Ink's Background Basics: Diamonds set and accented the pattern using a white gel pen.  I would NEVER have put these colors together, but I do love the end result.......and THAT, I suppose is a reason to play along with color challenges!  :)

6 comments:

  1. Great job with the color challenge! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card...made me smile. Great use of those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so cute! I love that little owl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! Just want to pinch that adorable owl's cheeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute ... Cute ... Cute! I love what you have done with the color challenge Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card Kim...love that sweet owl!!! Thank you for joining us at the Curtain Call!!!Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!