Monday, February 28, 2011

Look Who's Turning 51

Snicker snicker snort snort!  When I saw LORi Boyd's Sugar Sticks Grandparents digi stamp, I think I may have actually laughed outloud! That "Grandpa" looks EXACTLY like a certain someone I know and his birthday happens to be coming up so I couldn't wait to color "Grandpa"up with copics and get him on a birthday card.  I jazzed up the kraft card stock using PTI's Background Basics: Retro.  I stamped the pattern in versamark and then used a white gel pen to enhance it.  PTI's By the Numbers dies and Big Birthday Wishes stamp set were all I needed to complete the card.  I popped "Grandpa" up with some foam dimensionals.  BA HA HA HA!    The resemblance is hysterical!  How fun!  I crack myself up!  :)

Stamps:  By LORi Designs Sugar Sticks Grandparents, PTI Big Birthday Wishes, PTI Background Basics: Retro   Ink:  SU real red  CS:  PTI white, kraft, pure poppy, SU night of navy  Tools:  Nesties cicles, PTI By the Numbers dies, copics, white gel pen  Accessories:  red satin ribbon 

9 comments:

  1. Great card! I love your little guy.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love your sense of humor and this fun card. The khakis are what really got me. Who else could make a card with a man wearing khakis and a combover and have it totally work?! Just you, my dear. Love your fantastic flair...nevermind your technical genius which just continues to inspire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great coloring -- great card! I'm sure his look-alike will love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim this is DARLING!! I LOVE it.. those dies .. sigh dont ya just LOVE them!! NOW you know we will have to see a photo of the LOOK alike to grandpa! ;) Hope he has a GREAT birthday!! Great card Kim!
    Have a WONDERFUL day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my, this is adorable...your coloring is amazing...have a fabby week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card! I love this guy's bemused look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Grandpa" looks wonderful Kim! Beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another terrific card Kim. This one made me chuckle! Excellent coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This little guy's adorable with his glasses!!! Such a handsome card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!