Thursday, February 24, 2011

BLDC6 - 70 and Fabulous!

This week I have the honor of being the guest designer over at by LORi Designs for challenge #6!  I had it in my head that I would use this challenge as my inspiration for a birthday card I needed to make for my spunky aunt who is soon to turn 70 years old.   I have to admit, I was stumped when I first saw the color combo, but after a few attempts I ended up with a card that makes me smile and I am sure my aunt will get a kick out of it, too!  How cute is that image?!  She is from the Sugar Sticks Grandparents digi that you can find HERE.  My collection of copics isn't nearly as plentiful as I would like it be so I did some paper piecing to be all matchy matchy! 
Stamps:  by LORi Designs Sugat STicks Grandparents, PTI Background Basics: Retro, and PTI Big Birthday Wishes  Ink:  StazOn Jet Black, VersaMark  CS:  PTI white and kraft, SU old olive, pacific point, and pretty in pink, vellum   Tools:  copics, PTI By the Numbers die collection, PTI Mat Stack #3 die, MFT Die-Namics mini rolled rose, white gel pen

4 comments:

  1. Kim!!! This is just perfect for your aunt! I just love it! The stamp, the colors, the mat stack background and the die cut numbers all come together to make the perfect card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, I love the little flower in the corner, what a sweet touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic card Kim. I absolutely love it - especially the vellum overlay and the die cut underneath. And what a fun design layout for this. Terrfic.
    Sharon,
    BLD-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!