Sunday, February 20, 2011

Make It Monday #2 and February SFYTT

FINALLY had a chance to play along with the PTI Make It Monday #2, but had to run out and buy some vellum first!  Mission accomplished.  Why oh WHY haven't I used vellum before?!?!?  I love it!  Thanks to PTI's Make It Monday for the inspiration!  I combined this challenge with the February Sketch for You to Try Challenge and the Papertrey Dolls Challenge #32.

As soon as I saw this sketch, the spotlight technique came to mind.  So, I pulled out the PTI Year of the Flowers: Larkspurs stamp set and stamped the flowers in versamark and them embossed in clear embossing powder.  I re-stamped the image in Momento tuxedo black and cut out a section with a Nesties circle.  I colored the flowers with copics and then lined the circle up to originally stamped image.    I ran that melon berry panel through the big shot in the SU square lattice embossing folder (love that thing).  I stamped the sentiment in StazOn black ink onto vellum and attached the sentiment with brads. 
Stamps:  PTI Year of the Flowers: Larkspurs  Ink:  Versa mark, Staz On jet black  CS:  PTI Terracotra tile, melon berry, white, vellum  Tools:  Copics, clear embossing powder, SU sqaure lattice embossing folder, Nesties circles, corner chomper  Accessories:  silver brads

11 comments:

  1. I love the circle pop (not sure what it is called). very pretty.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love the embossing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, this card is just beautiful! I love the partial embossing with the spotlighting!! That sketch looks like a great one! This card totally fits the challenge I just posted on Thursday over on the Papertrey Paper Dolls blog! Go link it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative Kim! Just love how you combined the two papers. Beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW..this card is so gorgeous. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is beautiful! You did a great job coloring the flowers. Love the spotlight technique. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Gorgeous! I so love the texture of the ef!! And those flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You HIT IT!! I love how you were able to incorporate so many ideas in one card. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great card! Love the spotlighting of the flowers. So glad you played along with us at Papertrey Paper Dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! I love how you stamped the image on the kraft and colored in what you stamped on the white circle! Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!