Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Sketchers #143 - Birthday Cake for You


I used this great sketch for the Friday Sketchers Challenge #143 as  inspiration for a birthday card I needed to make.  I love this patterned paper from DCWV's Linen Closet Matstack and it pairs perfectly with PTI ocean tides, kraft, and vintage cream card stock!  I inked up this cute MFT a la mode "Time to Celebrate" stamp and colored her with copics.  I added some glitter to the frosting a tiny rolled rose.  It coordinates with THIS gift tag that I made as well.

I jazzed up the inside of the card with some layered card stock
and a strip of matching patterned paper.

Stamps:  MFT a la modes Time to celebrate, sentiments from PTI Birthday basics and Inside & Out: Birthday  Ink:  Momento tuxedo black and rich cocoa CS:  PTI ocean tides, kraft, white  PP:  DCWV Linen Closet Matstack  Tools:  copics, MFT Die-Namics mini rolled rose Accessories:  glitter, PTI ocean tides ribbon, and PTI vintage cream button



2 comments:

  1. a fantastic card Kim, wonderful papers and image, a great take on Claudia's sketch, thank you for joining us over at Friday Sketchers. Hugs Rach xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!