Sunday, February 27, 2011

SSSC106 - Celebrate

It's snowing again.  Another 4-7".  Sigh.  I am trying to ignore this fact by playing along with Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #106.   I inked up one of my favorite MFT a la modes for a 2nd time in the past fews days, but went with a totally different color scheme (and layout, of course) for a whole new look and I like it just as much!  I did the "out of the box" technique with the circle nestie so the cake could pop outside the circle a bit.  I left it in the die and sponged some SU cameo coral pastels onto the die cut. I used some beautiful velvet patterned paper by SEI and colored my gemstones with copics to match.  I glittered up the frosting and added an MFT Die-Namics mini rolled rose to the cake.  My PTI beautiful blooms II #1 die collection, button, and twine to make the flower embellie.

This card was named one of the MFT's design team's favorite finds!


Stamps:  MFT a la mode "Time to celebrate"  Ink:  Momento tuxedo black, VersaMark   PP:  sei velvet paper form Winnie's Walls collection  CS:  PTI Kraft, white, melon berry, berry sorbet, and dark chocolate  Tools:  Nesties circles, PTI double-ended banner die, PTI Beautiful Blooms II #1 die colelction, MFT Die-Namics mini rolled rose, copics, white embossing powder, foam dimensionals  Accessories:  PTI white button and twine, Inkadinkadoo pearlescent gliter powder, rhinestones

6 comments:

  1. so sweet! love your take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Kim. The sugary icing looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim this is so CUTE!! That image is DARLING!!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colors. very pretty. These MFT a la mode girls are so cute.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, Love, Love me some A la Modes!!! This one is just gorgeous, Kim!!! Did you order any of the new ones???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!