Tuesday, January 31, 2012

RCC38 - Paper Piecing


We LOVED your creations last week and can’t wait to announce the random winner and Top Spools on Friday. But until then, we have a brand new challenge for you and this week, I have the honor of hosting the challenge!


I LOVE paper piecing!  It's like playing dress up with your image!  So there you have it....that's this week's challenge.  Now, if you are using fabric, that’ll work too…just be sure to “ cut and piece” some part of your creation.

And who would be a great sponsor for this challenge? Why, Birdie Brown would be!!


Hello everyone! My name is Torico, the owner of Birdie Brown, and you may know me as an illustrator for There She Goes Clear Stamps. I'm a mom to two kids who live in Japan. I've loved doodling since I was a child, and have a passion for card making now! At my Etsy shop, Birdie Brown, I'm offering whimsical and cute (Japanese "kawaii") digital stamps created from my original illustrations. Speaking about card making, I love "simple & cute" design. So, most of my digital stamps are designed to match such a style. If you also like "simple & cute" style, you'll find something you have been wanting on Birdie Brown!!

Torico will give one random winner their choice of 3 Digi Images from the Birdie Brown store!

Now, on to my card!  I chose to use Birdie Brown's Stacking Gift Boxes digital image.  How could I NOT paper piece some of those gift boxes?!?!


I colored the image with copics and paper pieced some DSP from the Bo Bunny Sweet Tooth Collection to "wrap" a couple of the gift boxes.  I used some of that same paper as a background panel.  Have I mentioned my addiction to vintage seam binding?  This time I added some dark pink vintage seam binding from the Ribbon Carousel and topped the dcenter of the bow off with a little hot pink rhinestone.  I added a rhinestone to the top gift box as well. 

Now hop on over to the Ribbon Carousel Challenge Blog and link up your creation!  Don't forget that you have to use some ribbon, baker's twine, or twine......anything that comes on a spool.....to play along!   Check out what my fabulous crew mates have created for some added inspiration!


                                              Corinna McGregor


                                             Danielle Lounds


                                              Jessie Rone


                                                 Kim O'Connell  (that's me!)


                                              Lindsay Amrhein


                                              Savannah Hoover


                                              Wendy Ramlakhan

7 comments:

  1. Had to come, oh witty one, and tell you how adorable your card is! Beautiful coloring and absolutely sweet choice of patterned papers! Thanks for the fun challenge this week, paper piecing takes all the work out of coloring for me. (And that's a GOOD thing!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable Kim! I love colours you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is as CUTE as can be! FABBY coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHH! This is gorgeous! Your paper piecing is amazing and so is your coloring! FAB card:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Kim! The colors are fabulous! I totally agree about seam binding ribbon too. Very addicting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! Love the papers and the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!