Saturday, January 7, 2012

SSS140 - Happy Valentine's Day

Today is the first Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge of 2012!  I found this sketch to be a little bit tricky, but I have to say.....I love the end result once I figured it out!


I hadn't inked up this adorable Lili of the Valley image call "The Little Things" in a bit and with Valentine's Day coming up next, I thought now was a good time to ink it up again.  I colored the image with copics.   I used PTI pure poppy, dark chocolate, white, and kraft CS.  That DSP is a piece of scrap so I have no idea from which 6x6 paper pad it belongs.  I used the MFT Die-Namics solid bracket border and added some faux stitching with a white gel pen.  A PTI dark chocolate button and some maraschino red baker's twine completes the card.  Oh, and that sentiment is from the SU teeny tiny wishes stamp set.

Here is the sketch:



Be sure to check out what my fellow Sugarbabies have designed with this sketch for some added inspiration before you hop on over to the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge blog and link up your creation!  


I am also entering this card in the very 1st Lili's Little Fairies Challenge!


7 comments:

  1. Love this adorable LOTV image and your colors, Kim! Gingham is one of my favorite patterns and your use of it here gives a country charm to your card! I'd say that you "figured out" the sketch perfectly! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Kim this is So Darned Adorable! I just LOVE LOTV images and you've colored this one up So Fabulously! Love the dp's and your color choices are Just Wonderful Lady! 8-)

    Hope you have an Awesome weekend!

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling card Kim. Such a sweet image and the coloring is amazing! Love the white faux stiching! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable ! I love everything about this card! Love the kraft with the red!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you did a great job with the sketch. Does look a bit tricky.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did a fantastic job with the sketch. Cute image.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!