Saturday, January 21, 2012

SSS142 - Non-traditional Valentine

Happy weekend, everyone!  For this week's Sweet Stop Sketch challenge, we are challenging you to make a non-traditional Valentine.  I have to admit.....I found this to be tricky particularly since there are so many cute Valentine's Day  papers around now yet they are all in traditional colors.  Then I remembered that I had this super cute Birdie Brown digital stamp called "A boy with a rose."   



I colored him up with copics and here's the run down on what I used:

Skin:  E11, E00, E000 and R20 and R30 for cheeks
Hair:  E35, E53, E51
Hat and stripes on shirt:  B37, B45, B41
Shirt:  B00 and B0000
Shorts:  E34, E31, and E30
Shoes:  E59, E57, E55
Rose: R29, R24, R05, YG17, YG13, YG11
Shadow:  BG10

I sponged some A Muse latte ink around the image.  Have you tried those inks yet?  Love them!  I used PTI white, kraft, spring rain, dark chocolate and vintage cream CS and the DSP is from the Jillibean Soup Homemade 6 Bean Soup 6x6 paper pad.  That pretty ribbon is is 5/8" brown/white grosgrain two tone ribbon from the Ribbon Carousel.  I used the PTI Tiny Tags stamped set to make that heart and I stamped it with A Muse french roast ink.  

Here is the sketch:






8 comments:

  1. OMGosh Miss Kim this is Super CUTE! 8-) Love all the Darling images you find Lady! Too Dang Adorable & Awesome coloring as always! 8-)

    Hope you have a Super weekend my friend!

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!!!! love the colors and your coloring is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card Kim. Such a sweet image... and I love how you cut around it! That heart is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, it's perfect! That image is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, that little boy with the rose is just precious! A perfect valentine with untraditional colors! You have the cutest images! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card! Love that sweet image with your fantastic coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how cute! Love the out of the box look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fresh, clean look of this! Great papers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!