Tuesday, January 17, 2012

RCC36 - Sketch Challenge


Happy Tuesday!  It's time for another Ribbon Carousel Challenge!


Our fabulous Crewmate Danielle Lounds was gracious enough to share her “Go To Sketches” with us, so you’ll see them throughout the year. This is a fabulous sketch to use with the images provided by our fabulous sponsor this week….



Some Odd Girl is a digi and clear stamp company based in the tiny town of Fennville, MI. Opening its virtual doors in January 2010, Some Odd Girl started off with just digi stamps but has grown into its own line of clear stamp sets too! Bringing a unique and fun style to anything you want to get crafty with :) Some Odd Girl is owned and operated by a one woman show who took her love of crafting to heart and built a dream.

One lucky participant will win 3 free digis of their choice from the Some Odd Girl store.

I chose to play along with this cute digi called Bu'fly Tia 
by our fantastic sponsor Some Odd Girl.  


Lately I've been getting questions from some blog followers about which Copics I used to color my images so starting with this post, I am going to try and remember to list them in my supply list.  So, here goes:

Skin:  E11, E00, E000 and R20 for cheeks
Eyes:  B45 and B41
Hair:  E35. E34, and YR20
Dress and shoes:  RV13, RV11, RV10
Wand: C9 and YR23

I added some shimmer to her wings, dress, and shoes with  a clear star Gelly Roll pen.  I added pink rhinestones to her shoes.  I stamped the kraft panel with a background stamp from the PTI Background Basics: Diamond in VersaMark ink and then used a white gel pen to color in the centers of the designs.  I used PTI sweet blush, white, kraft, and hibiscus burst CS.  Finally, I added some 3/8" pink swiss dot satin ribbon from the Ribbon Carousel.

Now hop on over to the Ribbon Carousel Challenge Blog and link up your creation!  Don't forget that you have to use some ribbon, baker's twine, or twine......anything that comes on a spool.....to play along!   Check out what my fabulous crew mates have created for some added inspiration!


                                              Corinna McGregor


                                             Danielle Lounds


                                              Jessie Rone


                                                 Kim O'Connell  (that's me!)


                                              Lindsay Amrhein


                                              Savannah Hoover


                                              Wendy Ramlakhan





8 comments:

  1. This is adorable Kim! I love the little dotted bow with the dotted background paper!
    Smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was scrolling down your post and ooohing and awwing over your creation--I LOVED the green paper and than I LOVED the ribbon...and that image was so cute...but then I got to her shoes! I LOVE it! I love those little gems!! Super cute card:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this adorable cute card!Love what you did at the bottom of the card .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job coloring! Love that BB:Diamonds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really sweet. The rhinestones on her shoes are adorable! Love your take on the sketch. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Surgery wings are always the perfect acsessory. Love your take on this nifty sketch. Sweet as!

    Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. You made my day! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!