Sunday, January 1, 2012

Paper and Such Sneak Peek

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

My first post of 2012.....WOW!  I am really excited to see what 2012 brings for my crafty little world.  I have exciting news that I will be sharing over the next few days.  My New Year's Resolution is to put my big girl panties on, try submitting some of my work for publication, and not worry about rejection.  That is what has stopped me from trying in the past, but it is not going to stop me this year!  

Now on to the Paper and Such sneak peek!  
Today I am going to show you a card that I made with the soon to be release stamp set called "Tree Graffiti" that will be released on January 9th.  It is perfect for Valentine's Day cards, Anniversary cards, or "just because" cards.


I started with a PTI dark chocolate CS base and I ran it through my Big Shot with the PTI woodgrain impression plate.  I stamped both the image and the sentiment in Momento rich coca ink onto PTI vintage cream CS and colored the image with copics.  I matted the image and sentiment with PTI pure poppy CS and I used the SU Scallop Edge punch on the matting around the image.  I added a little pink heart to the tree trunk using a SU punch and I popped it up with a foam dimensional.  

If you haven't already done so be sure to head over to the Paper and Such Facebook Page and "like" us!  It's a great way to be kept in the loop!  I am so excited about the new stamp sets being released not only this month, but next month as well.  It's going to be a great year at Paper and Such!  

We have added some crazy talented designers to our design team so be sure to check them out and follow their blogs!

                                                        Julie Smith
Janice Melton
Kim O'Connell (That's me!)
Amber Hillman
Pattie Goldman
Kendra Sand
Meredith Winston
Stephanie Mino
Naomi Gong
Mindy Young




10 comments:

  1. Kim.........I'm so excited for your upcoming news. You have been teasing your readers for a few weeks! I also am so happy that you are going to submit to magazines. I know you will be published in 2012. You are crazy, talented! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet....i love that tree image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I highly doubt your work will be rejected. You are an awesome artist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!! Great card! That looks like a FUN stamp set! Good luck with your resolutions!!! You definitely have the stuff to get published!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the card Kim!! Cant wait to hear your news!!! I like your resolution for 2012.. it is one of mine too!!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! I'm with you on the rejection- that keeps me from trying also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to hear your news. Good luck on your pub attempts. Can't wait to see you in all my favorite magazines!
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Darned Cute Miss Kim! PErfect Valentines Day card! Can't wait to hear our big news! And I just know you are bound to get published this year Lady! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!