Saturday, February 25, 2012

SSS147 - Pawprints

Who's ready for another Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge?  
Put your thinking caps on because you're going to need it for this sketch.  

Korin Sutherland threw me for a loop when she created this sketch for us this week.  It's totally different than anything I have ever seen here on this sketch blog.  I was stumped for quite a while.  But, hey!  A challenge should be just that......a challenge!

Here's the sketch:


I was sifting through my stamps looking for something to jump out at me and then I came across one of my newest stamp sets called Puppy Love by There She Goes Clear Stamps. 
PERFECT!  


Cute, right?!  I stamped the image, colored it with copics and cut it out with a nesties.  I left the image in the nesties and sponged some SU crumb cake ink around it.  I used a scalloped circles nesties and some PTI dark chocolate CS to mat the image.  I adhered the image with foam adhesive.  I chose some DSP from the Echo Park Dots and Stripes Soda Fountain 6x6 paper pad.  I stamped the sentiment and paw prints from the Puppy Love stamp set in Momento rich cocoa ink.  I matted this with white CS and then mounted it onto a PTI dark chocolate card base.  

WOW!  This card was featured on the Splitcoast Stampers Facebook page!

Be sure to check out what my fellow Sugarbabies have designed with this sketch for some added inspiration before you hop on over to the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge blog and link up your creation!  





11 comments:

  1. What an adoroble and fabulous realization ! Simple and clean style as I like. Congratulations ! It's very successful !

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Kim...you know how much I love dogs! What a perfect solution to this week's sketch, which I found very challenging as well! Love the beautifully colored pup image and the scattering of paw prints...cute, cute, cute! Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Dang Cut Miss Kim! 8-) I was really stumped with this weeks sketch too! lol And I LOVE your take on it! just Darling! I must add that Stamps set to my TSG wish list.. lol 8-)

    Hope you have a Super weekend Lady!

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great take on the sketch Kim. Love the paw prints! So clever using them with the puppy image. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is cute!! Of course, your coloring rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card- I love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww. That pooch just melts my heart. Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh How fun! There are days my house looks like that with dog feet tracks across the floor! CUTE CARD! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute Kim, love those paw prints!! This sketch was a stumper for me too:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!