Friday, February 17, 2012

ISSC03 - Put your big girl thongs on


Happy Friday!  It's time for another iSpy Sketches challenge!  I have to say.......these sketch challenges are NOT your run of the mill sketches!  This is our 3rd week and I have actually FELT challenged by each one so far!  These sketches are definitely taking me outside my comfort zone and making me think out of the box.  That's exactly what a challenge SHOULD do!  

This week's sketch is based on Sean Fetterman's gorgeous card:


And here is the sketch:

Jessica Knutson, owner of There She Goes Clear Stamps, recently sent me a little gift.  It was the "Get Your Thong On" stamp set.   Very cheeky and right up my alley!  I thought it was perfect fit for this sketch challenge!



I started with a PTI hawaiian shore CS base.  I used my nesties to cut out the circle from some DSP from the My Mind's Eye Everyday Flair a scalloped layer from PTI raspberry fizz. I stamped the sentiment in Momento tuxedo black.  I colored the flip flops with copics, cut them out, and popped them up with foam dimentionals.  I added some faux stitching with a black pen.  I used some pink sorbet baker's twine for my banner. I stamped the flip flops a few more times and then cut out and colored the little flwoers for the centers of my banner flags.  I added some yellow stickles to centers of all of the flowers and added then finished with the 3 white pearls.  

Here's how to play:
  • Create a paper crafting project (card, scrap book page or 3D item), based on the sketch provided.
  • Post your creation on your blog or an online gallery (using a code ISSC02), and link it up over on the iSpy Sketches blog.Please provide a direct link to your post - not the generic link to your blog.
  • A new challenge will be posted every Friday at 12.01 AM EST, and you have until noon on Wednesday EST to submit your entry.
  • You may enter as many times as you like, but please provide a newly designed project with a new link for each additional project.
  • We will choose the top 2 creations to be featured in our "Top 2 Thursday" post where we will announce who we have picked :) The winners will receive their very own iSpy Sketches blog badge!
  • Don't forget that you may combine our challenges with others and use supplies from any company that you wish :)
  • Have fun and we look forward to "spying:" your creations!
Be sure to check what the other Special Agents have created for some additional inspiration!





     




4 comments:

  1. What a cute and fun card!! These sketches are a challenge for me too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...perfect sentiment for the sketch!!! Love it!!! K...y'all need to be good this weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those cute sandals, so summery fun!! The sentiment is perfect as well!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!