Saturday, December 15, 2012

Remembering the Sandy Hook Angels

My heart just breaks for the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre and their family and friends.  Unthinkable horror.  Reading the list of of names and the ages of the victims today was unbearably sad.  I can't watch the TV.  I can't listen to the news.  I can't read any more.  It's all just too much.  

My friend and owner of the Ribbon Carousel, Corinna McGregor, posted the address of the school on the Ribbon Carousel Facebook page today.  Please join us in sending cards to Shady Hook Elementary School.   It's a small token, but how wonderful it would be if we joined together and showered that community with our hand made cards expressing our sympathy.

If you would like to send a card, here is the address:

The Town of Newtown
3 Primrose Street
Newtown, CT 06470


Here is my card:

 

I received this Crafter's Companion stamp called "With Sympathy" in the mail today.  Perfect timing.  I stamped my image onto X-press It blending card and colored her with copics.  I paired some PP from the Fancy Pants Country Boutique 6x6 paper pad with some Bazzill Card Shoppe butter mints and licorice twist CS.   I used the MFT Die-Namics circle STAX sets 1 and 2.  I rounded the bottom 2 corners with my corner chomper.  

skin - E11, E00, E000, R20, R30
hair - E35,E53, E51
clothing - BV25, BV23, BV20,colorless blender
flower - BV17, BV13, YG95, YG93, Y21

This card is also my final card for the 2012 Sketch for You to Try challenges.
Here is the sketch:

dec2012sketch

So sad that this is the finale to Jen del Muro's Sketch for You to Try challenges!  
I am grateful that I played along all year.  Here are my previous entries:


Thank you, Jen, for a year full of inspiration!  

4 comments:

  1. Oh, your card is so sweet. The coloring on the little girl is beautiful!! I am going to favorite your card so that I have the address. Hopefully I can get a card out. It is so terribly sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just so perfect for the occasion. I am devastated by this tragedy. Thank you for the address...a card may be a small token, but it is heartfelt. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just commented on Ashleys blog to do the smae thing I think it is as close as we can get to showing our support in there hour of need.

    marg0006 at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a Darling and heartfelt tributeMiss Kim, such a Monumental tragedy, still brings tear to my eyes every time I think of it... Thanks for the address too my sweet friend.

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!