Wednesday, May 18, 2011

VLVMAY2011week3 - Birthday Wishes

This week's Viva La Verve Sketch Challenge was just that.....a challenge.  The sketch looked easy enough, but I scrapped my 1st three attempts.  Then when I stepped away from the patterned paper and just started stamping, it all came together.  I love the end result!  This SU Watercolor Trio stamp set is my favorite SU set of all time. 


Stamps:  SU Watercolor Trio, PTI Basic Bacgrounds: Text Style  Ink:  SU kraft, perfect plum, and old olive  CS:  PTI kraft, white, plum pudding, and simply chartreuse  Tools:  Martha Stewart border punch, SU square lattice embossing folder, PTI limitless layers die  Accessories:  PTI twine

Here's the sketch:

6 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, Kim!!! I can't wait to get the new Wildflower set from PTI's May release because of the watercolor look they will give.....like these ones! I'm glad you didn't give up on this sketch, because this card makes it worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey neighbor (hee, hee), awesome card!! Love your stamping & the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your colours. Thos stamps look fab against the background. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I love how you have actual images at the bottom and not just patterned paper. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, this is drop dead gorgeous. You are so good at using those BG stamps to make beautiful patterns. Can I come play at your house with YOUR toys? Tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. STUNNING!!! WOW Girlie!! LOVE the wildflowers stamped over the script text!! ((SWOON ~ Kim this is just SO gorgeous!! xoxox)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!