Wednesday, May 11, 2011

VLVMAY2011week2 - thanks so much

When I saw this week's Viva la Verve Sketch challenge, I cringed.  Wasn't feeling it.  I ignored it for a few days, but I came back to it again tonight.  This time, I was able to pull a card together.........almost painlessly using goodies from my top 3 favorite stamp companies:  Verve, Papertrey Ink, and My Favorite Things! You can't go wrong with this trio!
 

I used the PTI Mat Stack 1 die and coordinating stamp set with SU certainly celery ink.  I just LOVE the font in the Verve Stamps "Thankful Accents" stamp set!  Those cute little hearts are from the same set.  I cut that PTI Lavender Moon panel with the Nestabilities Big Scalloped circle LG die and then ran it through the Big Shot with the PTI Book Print Impression Plate.  I sponged the edges of that panel as well as the card base itself with SU pale plum ink.  I used my new MFT butterfly die for the 1st time.  How gorgeous and delicate is that butterfly?!   I also used a SU scallop trim border punch.  That pretty DSP is from the Basic Grey Kioshi paper pad. 

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely! Your butterflies are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur, that's quite the power trio indeed. I love the layered flutterby, especially paired with that deeevine BG PP. The MS and the scalloped circle are a match made in heaven. Gorgeous Miss Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! This is so pretty Kim!! Love that tag and the inking you did around the edges. I didn't know MFT had a butterfly die!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim this is BEAUTIFUL!! So PRETTY and SPRINGY!!
    Nice job!!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!