Sunday, May 15, 2011

SSS108 - Thanks, Teacher!

Happy Sunday morning!  We have no where to be until 1:00 today which seems like a treat after such an overscheduled week we have just survived.  Soooooo, I get to sip coffee and ink of some of my newest treasures.  To play along with the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge #108, I inked up my PTI School Time stamp set.  This challenge had an optional twist of using a stamped background and that stamp set is great for that! 


I stamped those lines in Momento tuxedo black ink onto PTI kraft card stock.  Then I stamped that alphabet background in Color Box Moss Green pigment ink onto PTI simply chartreuse CS and matted it with PTI black CS.  I used the PTI spiral notebook page die and stamped the the lines and sentiment on it.  That "A+" is from the MFT a la modes in "You Rule" stamp set.  I stamped the apple in SU real red and Color Box Moss Green pigment ink and punched it out with a 1.25" circle punch and matted it using a 1.5" circle punch.  The ribbon is PTI's pure poppy saddle stitch ribbon. 

And I just have to share of picture of my daughter Lauren at her 1st Communion yesterday.  She's not exactly a girly girl.  She's a jeans, T-shirt, and converse sneakers kind of girl.  It was fun to see her all dolled up and I think she liked it, too..........though she'll never admit it!  She has already told me that she has met her quota for the number of days a year that she will wear a dress.  :)



6 comments:

  1. Your card is AMAZING! I love these sets so much! This is just pefect! And your little one? OMG! She is so cute! Her smile totally made me smile! SO cute!! Thanks for sharing that picture! She would get along with my dd! She is out in the sand box right now with a hole in her jeans! he he!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at Lauren...So beautiful. I bet you're an extra proud momma today. She is glorious.

    Your card ain't too shabby either. Love it! It is totally inked to perfection. I am always so impressed with your even hand at inking, especially with those lines and the amount of them. Mine nearly always go weird in some way. Yours are just perfect. Love that A+ too. Me thinks I need it. Fab card, once again lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a awesome Teacher card!! Thanks for joining us this week at The Sweet Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh!! Your daughter is such a DOLL!! (Shh..don't tell her as I would think she won't find that to be a compliment. LOL) She has a beautiful smile, it's contagious! :) <---That's me smiling during this whole post!!

    I'm gonna have to CASE this card girlie...your take on the sketch is just BRILLIANT!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's a beauty. You would never know she's not a girly girl. You did a fabulous job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is amazing! I LOVE the clean lines! Perfect!!!

    GREAT picture of your daughter, she's darling!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!