Saturday, May 7, 2011

Masculine B-Day Card & Gift Card Holder

I had to make a masuline birthday card (insert groan here) for my brother's birthday.  I figured I'd ink up one of the stamps from the PTI Mat Stack 1 and see where things went.  I liked how that dark blue patterned paper from the DCWV "Fun in the sun" summer matstack coordinated with stamp.  I decided to go with panels matted with PTI pure poppy card stock and mounted on a PTI white CS card.  I pulled out the PTI double ended banner die and the limitless layers dies.  Hmmmmm.  What to put in the center?  BEER, of course!  I pulled out the image and sentimet from the SU "Cheers to You" set.  I added some shimmer and shine to the beer with glitter and glossy accents and heat embossed the sentiment in white embossing powder.

We are giving him a gift card so I made this cooridnating gift card holder.  You can see my tutorial HERE!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is a PERFECT guy card! I love that the beer has bling, lol! :) Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. This is too fab! This is such an amazing man card and gift holder. Love this. The beer is the best though complete with the sparkly head. Made me giggle. Such a handsome set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh and Happy Mothers Day Lovely One! Hugs galore! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the sparkle and shine on the beer mug...this is a fantastic male card, what a great layout too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!