Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother's Day Card & Gift Card Holder Set

Here is the card I made for my mother-in-law using Jen Del Muro's April Sketch for You to Try for inspiration.  We are giving her a gift card to one of her favorite restaurants so rather than just slipping it inside the card, I made a matching gift card holder.


My mother-in-law loves the color purple.  I chose PTI royal velvet CS and used the MFT rolled rose and mini rolled rose dies to make those beautiful flowers.  I used the SU little leaves sizzlet with PTI ripe avacado card stock.  I also ran that royal velvet panel through the Big Shot with the PTI Guide Lines Grid Impression Plate. I paired this with PTI Pacific Vineyard patterned paper.  Oh, and I sponged some PTI tea dye due around the edges of the PTI vintage cream panel.  That sentiment is from the SU All Holidays stamp set.


Here is a closer look at the matching gift card holder.  I used the PTI Beautiful Blooms II #1 die collection to make that flower.  "Mom" is from the PTI Tiny Tags Stamp set. You can see my tutorial on making these gift card holders HERE!  They are so easy to make!  It's such a nice way to present a gift card to someone! 


I have to make 2 more card and gift card holder sets.  One for my Mom for Mother's Day and one for my brother's birthday so come back again tomorrow to check 'em out!  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. This is a great color combo Kim. The deep purple looks fabulous with the kraft. And I love those flowers - I'm off to PTI to check out that die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh!! What a beautiful and elegant set. That dark purple looks AWESOME paired with the green and kraft!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the idea..if you want to don't put a card in this Gift Card envelopes thanks you share it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!