Sunday, May 22, 2011

Oh Boy!

I was asked to make a few cards for various occasions and one of the cards needed is a baby boy card.  I used the Sweet Stop Sketch #76 as my inspiration.  Rather than going with the traditional blues, I went with a brown, kraft, white and yellow theme based on this cute little lion image by Hero Arts.  I colored with watercolor pencils and blended with a blender pen.  I stamped the image a second time and cut out his face and popped it up with a foam adhesive for added dimension. 


Stamps:  Hero Arts "Lion", sentiment from Verve "To the Moon"  Ink:  Momento tuxedo black, SU early espresso  CS:  PTI kraft, white, dark chocolate  PP:  Bo Bunny mellow yellow dot, DCWV linen closet mat stack  Tools:  Nestabilities, watercolor pencils, blender pen  Accessories:  brown grosgrain ribbon, button, twine

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha! That lion is adorable, Kim! So cute and I love the non-traditional browns here. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww ... so adorable! I love the lion too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! That lion is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACKK!!! How stinkin' cute is THAT?!?! LOL Love that sweet little image and how you popped up the face!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the most adorable baby card I think I've ever seen! I love how there's not a speck of blue anywhere!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!