Saturday, June 4, 2011

VLVJune2011 week 1 - Happy Birthday

It's a new month so let the Viva La Verve Challenges begin!  I treat myself to new Verve Stamps each month that I complete all of the weekly challenges so today I got to ink up a couple of my newbie sets for this challenge.  I chose te blooms and the sentiment  from the Hope Blooms set and the leaves are from the Great Friend set.  There are gorgeous blooms in that set, too, but I just made a card with those so it was the Hope Blooms flowers got that inked up this time. Gotta share the love to all of my newbie sets!


I added some Glossy Accents to the centers of the blooms to give them a little shine. I had originally planned to to make the card base in a soft pink, but I loved how it popped off the simply chartreuse card stock so I did a switcharoo.  Here's the sketch:
Stamps:  Verve Stamps "Hope Blooms" and "Great Friend"  Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black, Bolor Box Moss Green  CS:  PTI white, black, simply chartreuse, rasberry fizz, hibiscus burst, sweet blush  PP:  Me and My Big Ideas Mambi Color Basics in Black & White  Tools:  Nestabilities ovals, PTI double ended banner die Accessories:  Glossy Accents

5 comments:

  1. Cute! I love the houndstooth paper and all those flowers:) Fab card, thanks for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty! The Houndstooth looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is beautiful! Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is absolutely gorgeous! Love the colors of your shabby flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!