Sunday, June 19, 2011

Color Blocking AGAIN

So, just yesterday I posted THIS CARD and was proudly blogging (AKA "bragging") about how I was typically able to combine no more than 2 challenges, but I somehow successfully combined 5 challenges. So much for being ambitious!  I received a very polite email from Michelle Gross regretfully letting me know that my entry had been deleted from the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #7.  I missed the rule that you can combine no more than 4 challenges when submitting an entry to the CAS-ual Fridays Challenges.  Sheesh!  The ONE time I manage to pull off combining multiple challenges, I get the boot!  Well, I'm back at it!  Michelle was kind enough to encourage me to find the time to play along again so here I am and THIS time I am combing the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #7 with ONLY the CR84FUN Color Challenge #32.  No rules broken this time!  :)



Stamps:  sentiment from PTI Framed  Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black  CS:  PTI kraft, white, new leaf, hawaiian shores, and harvest gold  Tools:  PTI Beautiful Blooms II #3 die collection, MFT button die  Accessories:  Divine Twine - Lemon

20 comments:

  1. Glad you came back this one is a beauty! Love how your flower matches your color blocks in behind, fab CAS card :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's too bad that you got disqualified for your card-- I guess you can have too much of a good thing! Ha!
    I love the design and colour scheme of this card, Kim! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot Woot! So glad you're back :) Your card is delightful and I love the dimension you created with your flower! Thanks for coming back to play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card Kim! Love the 3D flower diecut embellishment! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And what a comeback it is. . . beautiful card! This colour combination is gorgeous.
    Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim........This is so, so pretty!!! Love your flower and you know what, your first card was stunning, too! It was nice of Michelle to give you the heads up so that you could join again in time for the cut-off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad that you decided to come back again to play! *Your first card was fantastic too-I loved the music notes* This card is sweet and fun and fresh and perfect for color blocking. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, man..that's a bummer. That card was absolutely gorgeous. This card - wow. Love the little blocks of color. I'm not sure I have a steady enough hand to make those squares work for me..lol. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet and fun card! Love the color blocking! Thanks for playing with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! Great minds think alike girlfriend! I made a flower similar! I love those dies don't you? You did a great job with the color blocking and I am so glad you played along with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this card, the colours are so fresh and lurve the flower too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card! Love the color blocking! Wonderful use of the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't you just hate it when you break the rules! LOL! This card has such FAB color blocking! LOVE that FAB flower in the middle! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Kim...so bright, cheerful and summery!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's that darn small print :)) Still, it was worth doing another - this is super. I really like the bold colour blocking and the flower is fab! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are a REBEL!! LOL Love the color blocking and the kraft together.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is sooooo pretty!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad you gave it another go. This is gorgeous - loving the summery colors. Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is beautiful! I love the idea of a central flower the same color as the blocking. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!