Saturday, June 11, 2011

Happy Father's Day

This weeks challenge over on the Craft Us Crazy blog is to make a project with a FATHER'S DAY and/or MASCULINE COLORS/THEME.  I am also entering this in the Crazy for Challenges C4C91 challenge which is also to make a masculine card.  I can hear the collective groan throughout the paper crafting world from here.  Everyone (including myself) seemingly whines about making making masculine cards, but Father's Day keeps coming back every year and forces us all to quit stomping our feet and start scratching our heads until we come up with something.  Here's what I came up with......after I quit pouting.............




No stamps on this card......just a sentiment I printed from my computer.  I chose DSP from the DCWV Linen Closet Matstack and paired is with PTI kraft, dark chocolate, and white CS.  I tied some brown grosgrain ribbon into a tie and added a silver brad for a button.  Relatively painless and I like the end result.  Think I will duplicate this for the fathers and grandfather's in our family......maybe in different colors because God forbid I need to come up with MORE masculine cards. Oh, the horror!

7 comments:

  1. What a great masculine card I love the ribbon used for the tie.
    Have a great day.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim........This is just perfect! I love your little tie and the colors you chose! Great job on this one for the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cute. Genius really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you continually manage to come up with such marvelous ideas?! A ribbon tie? Brilliant! I want whatever crafty juice you're on. Simply magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super masculine card. They are awkward aren't they? However you've cracked it here and included layers and dp! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!