Thursday, June 23, 2011

Gift Card Holder for Teacher

Tomorrow is my kids' last day of school.  My son's 1st grade teacher me she was looking forward spending her summer in a lounge chair with a book on the beach.  So, I thought THIS CARD that I made last week would be perfect for her and we are giving her a gift card to Barnes & Noble.  I could just slip the gift card right inside the card, but what paper crafting addict would do such a thing?!?!  This gave me an excuse to make a cute gift card holder for her as well!  It is made out of an A2 envelope.



Here is a picture of the inside:


That little flap lifts up and the gift card gets inserted in there.  That prevents it from falling out and being lost in my son's back pack!  Click HERE for my tutorial on how to make these gift card holders.  

I used the PTI Teacher's Apple and School Time stamp sets to make this.  The CS is PTI black, white, pure poppy, and simply chartreuse.  The ink is PTI fresh snow, SU real red,  and Color Box moss green.  I used 2" scallop circle punch, a 1.75" circle punch, and a .5" circle punch.

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Kim. I'll have to remember this the next time I give a gift card. I love the chalkboard look on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim........This is adorable!!! Love the idea that it's made with an A2 card! I'm off to check out your tutorial! Thanks for providing one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Kim, as I'm aure will your son's teacher, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!