Thursday, June 9, 2011

JUGS87 - Birthday Wishes

As soon as I saw this week's sketch challenge over at the Just Us Girls Challenge blog I knew I wanted to play along and put one of my newest Verve stamp sets to good use.  The blooms in the Great Friend stamp set were perfect for this sketch.  I colored them with copics and then cut them out.  I snipped between some of the petals so that I could overlap the flowers.  The sentiment is from the Verve Stamps Wishful Elegance set. I had to add some some bling to the flowers and I felt I needed those three little black rhinestones to balance the card so I added them......despite the sketch. 



This card was chosen as the winning card for the week!



                                         And here's the sketch:


Stamps:  Verve Stamps Great Friend and Wishful Elegance  Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black 
 CS:  PTI kraft, white, and black  DSP:  Bo Bunny mellow yellow 
 Tools:  Copics (R29, R24, R05, YR18, YR15, and YR12)  Accessories:  rhinestones



12 comments:

  1. This is lovely! What great colouring, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so pretty...love the bright rich color with the black!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only say WOW this is just beautiful Kim! I love the colors and those flowers with the bling! Sigh...you've done the sketch justice!

    Thanks so much for getting sketchy with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Acccck! KIM! This is gorgeous! Your color work is WONDERFUL, but I must say that your choice of colors and images really proved why THIS is such an excellent sketch! {Kathryn does SUCH a beautiful job!} Thanks for sharing your talent with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, excellent take on the sketch (I'm still scratching my head, LOL)!! Your coloring is just superb and makes me want this card for myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim.........This is just beautiful and your coloring is amazing! I just got my first Verve order last week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pick this as a winner too. This is gorgeous , love everything a bout it. Im a fan of a little black too, it makes everything pop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful flowers and great take on the scetch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on 'chic of the week'! I love your card! Its simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card! I'd pick it as a winner too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!