Wednesday, June 8, 2011

CFC5 - Hello

With just a couple of hours to spare, I am submitting my first card to the CAS-ual Fridays Sketch challenge!  I am realizing more and more that my style has developed into something that is.....well, not CAS and this challenge confirms my realization.  I keep staring at this card and wanting to add more.  I considered ditching it altogether because there seems to be so much white space, but, ummmmm, isn't that the goal?  So, I will leave it up to the crafting goddesses to decide if this deserves any kudos.  Meanwhile, I am heading back to my stash of pretty patterned paper that I can mix and match.  :)



Wish I could tell you who makes this pretty stamp set, but I found it naked......no label attached.  It was one of the 1st stamp sets I ever bought a couple of years ago.  I can tell you that I used PTI CS (white, black, and harvest gold).  I stamped the image in Momento Tuxedo Black and colored the image with copics (YR12, Y08, Y06, Y04, Y02, C7, C5, C2, C1).  The ribbon is by Stampin'Up.

10 comments:

  1. I wouldn't change a thing Kim. That pretty flower says it all! *Sigh* One of these days I'm going to get myself some Copics so I can color like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You nailed it! Perfectly CAS and very well done! I'm glad you stretched your comfort zone a bit and played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful, just the way it is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Kim! This is absolutely lovely! Not only the sunflower design was perfect for this sketch, your craftsmanship is superb! So glad that you join us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously? This is beautiful AS IS!! I love it, and every single detail about it, especially the amazing color palette! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! I'm so glad you did and hope you'll give us a try again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It deserves kuddos for SURE Kim. And I agree with you...sometimes leaving all that white space can send me into a tizzy. This beauty is perfect though and I love where you put the sentiment. Darling! I'm so excited that you joined us for CAS-ual Fridays this week! I hope you come back again and again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Love your colouring and the way you placed the sentiment in the centre of the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card!!! I love the coloring and the sentiment is perfectly placed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim, I love this!! Superb coloring!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!