Saturday, June 25, 2011

PTI June Blog Hop


It's an inspirational challenge for the Papertrey Ink June 2011 Blog Hop!   It's fun to blog hop and see all of the different interpretations from this inspirational photo:


I have color blocking on my brain after the recent CAS-ual Fridays challenge and that shelf triggered the thought in my noggin.  I used my SU pastels to create a soft wash of rainbow colors and those pretty pegs made me think of buttons.  Here's my take on it:


I will admit that a CAS style card is not my preference to create, but this inspirational photo screamed CAS card to me.  I am always left questioning the end result when I make a CAS card.  I almost didn't post it.  Still scratching my head wondering if I like it or not.  Hmmmmmmmmm.

Stamps:  PTI Birthday Bash Sentiments  Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black  CS:  PTO white, black, new leaf, pure poppy, summer sunrise, and lemon tart  Tools:  SU pastels Accessories: Baker's twine, PTI buttons

6 comments:

  1. I think this is fabby!
    Love the blocks of color with the buttons!
    And that softwash of color...
    beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you posted. This is a great card. Simple, yet interesting. It probably seems too easy for you, but I like it alot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Renee - super fabby!!! Love your colors and the modern design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving your color choices! And that twine is a perfect addition:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you decided to post this! Great CAS design and a fun take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it! The pastels create a very subtle background for your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!