Thursday, June 30, 2011

Grills Gone Wild

Squigglefly is sponsoring this week's challenge over on the Craft Us Crazy.  As a brand spankin' new Squigglefly Design Team member, I had the honor of being the Guest Designer for this week's Craft Us Crazy challenge which is to create a project with a summer theme and / or a red, white, and blue theme.  I chose to combine the themes to create a card.  Since the Squigglefly Design Team is made up of bunch of hilarious women, I wanted to add some humor to my card so here it is:



HA!  I printed that sentiment from my computer.  I chose Squigglefly's Kiss the Cook digital image for my card.  I colored him up with copics.  I envisioned gingham papers for this card.  I didn't have any on hand and I was, well, too lazy to head to the craft store so I stayed right here on my butt and decided to try out some digital paper for the first time.  I bought this Gingham Goodness Digital Paper Pack from Trixie Scraps Designs.  Oh boy!  I can see myself becoming hooked on surfing the net looking for fabulous digital papers now.  That was TOO easy! Anyway, I am honored to have had the chance to represent Squigglefly and to play along as a the Guest Designer for the Craft Us Crazy Challenge!

I am also entering this card into the following challenges:

Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge #56 - red, white, and blue


Stamp:  Squigglefly Kiss the Cook  Ink:  Inkadinkadoo Indigo dye ink  CS:  PTI white and pure poppy, SU Pacific Point  DSP:  Trixie Scraps Designs Gingham Goodness Digital Paper Pack  Tools:  Copics (E11, E00, E000, R20, R29, R24, R05, B00, B37, B45, B41, E37, E35, E33, C7, C5, C2, C1, C00, 0, YG17, YG13), Sizzix stars, 1,25: circle punch 

10 comments:

  1. This is absolutely ADORABLE Kim!! Such a cute image. Thanks so much for joining in on our Red, White & Blue Challenge at Penny’s. Good Luck!!

    Courtney~

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That sentimentis great! Wonderful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card! Love the colors you chose, and your coloring is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card - love the image and sentiment. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim this card is just to much! It reminds me of my husband! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah - this is fabulous. I love the image. Thank you for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, what a fantastic card! It is so summery and you did a great job colouring. Not to mention, that sentiment is just too funny, I love it! Thanks so much for joining us at DYSU!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute and fun too thanks for sharing with us alhere at Penny's and have a fab weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your summer card. It's just adorable. Love your coloring and the sentiment too. Thanks for playing along with DYSU this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!