Friday, April 22, 2011

VLVAPR2011 week 4 - Thank you

When I splurged and bought some new Verve Stamp sets, I promised myself I would play along with all four April Vva La Verve Sketch Challenges.  I did it!  I suppose that means I can order some more for May's challenges, right?  That certainly seems logical to me.  :)  Here is my card for week 4:


You can find a tutorial on how to make the starburst HERE.  I had never tried that before.  I do think it is very pretty and it was really easy!    It seems to give the card some motion.  Your eye is drawn from the flower and then up and to the right.  I sponged the edges of the panels with the PTI tea dye duo.   I stamped the flower image from the Verve Dream Big stamp set twice, cut the center out of one of the images and then layer it on top of the full image with foam dimensionals to make the flower pop.  Here's the sketch:


Stamps:  Verve Dream Big, PTI Background Basics: Retro  Ink:  PTI tea dye due, SU early espresso and only orange, Momento bamboo leaves  CS:  PTI dark chocolate, orange zest, simply chartreuse, and white  PP:  PTI Autumn Abundance  Tools:  PTI eyelet lace border die, Nestabilities ovals, SU 1/2" circle punch  Accessories:  SU build-a-brad, Satin Sensation choclate satin ribbon


6 comments:

  1. Kim this is FABULOUS! I LOVE it! GREAT take on the sketch.. and I think your way of thinking.. stamps in May for challenges make PERFECT sense! ;)
    Have a WONDERFUL weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, this is GORGEOUS!! You are exactly right...you are perfectly entitled to order stamps for May's challenges! ;) So glad you enjoyed the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim.......You knocked this one out of the park! Lovely, lovely card. And CONGRATS on doing all 4 challenges for this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. The starburst pattern with all of that beautiful PTI patterned paper is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! This a great combination of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, Kim!! I love it! Awesome job on the sketch...thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!