Thursday, April 14, 2011

SSD72 - Thank you so very much

I can't say no to a good sketch challenge and when I saw the Skipping Stones Designs Sketch Challenge #72, I had to play along!  I had gone shopping looking for some pretty PP in cream and black for a color challenge that I wanted to try, but I stumbled across this beautiful black and white PP by Me & My Big Ideas.  I paired it with PTI sweet blush and SU regal rose CS.  I used my PTI Delightful Dahlia set.  I stamped the dahlia twice, colored it with my copics and added some shimmer with a spica pen.  I cut the center and inner petals of one dalia and then mounted that with foam tape onto the second dahlia to add dimension.  I was wishes I had the PTI tiny tags stamp set and dies, but they are still on backorder....sigh.  So, I just hand cut a little tag and stamped the sentiment from the PTI Delightful Dahlia stamp set.  Some sheer black ribbon, some twine, and three little pearls complete the card.

10 comments:

  1. Really pretty, Kim. Love the dahlia... the coloring, the shimmer, the way you popped it up. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, your flower is so beautiful! Very, very nice job shading it! I just love houndstooth, so I think your papers are a great choice! And I like the interest the twine tie gives the whole card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that flower with all its shimmery goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite pretty! Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with the Stamp Tramps at Skipping Stones Design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Kim! Love that blossom! Thanks for playing along with the SSDSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so beautiful! I'd love to have a flower like that in my garden! thanks so much for joining us at SSD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So VERY pretty! Thanks for playing along with us over at SSD!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! Love that shimmer and the pop of the flower! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim, congrats on winning SSD #72! Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!