Sunday, April 17, 2011

JUGS80 & CPS214 - Embrace Life


The Just Us Girls Color Challenge #80 was just that.......a challenge.  I stared blankly at 4 sheets of card stock in these colors off and on all day today.  It was when I saw the Card Positioning Systems Sketch Challenge #214 that the wheels started turning.   I stamped the PTI Background Basics: Retro stamp set in Momento tuxedo back ink on PTI Hawaiian Shores CS and adhered it to black CS.  I used PTI melon berry CS and PTI Distressed Dots PP for the flowers made from PTI Beautiful Bloom II #1 die collection.  I added black CS to center of the SU build-a-brads.  I drew 2 lines in black and then stamped the sentiment from the Verve Dream Big stamp set.  In the end, I really like the card.  I would never in a million years put these colors together on my own. 

8 comments:

  1. Oooh, this is so modern and fun! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great CAS design and colors, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty colors and patterns you used on this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow is that a stand out card in those amazing colors! LOVE how well it all fits the CPS sketch too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo, pretty! Love the layout and the colors look so good on it! I like the lines drawn above the diamonds! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is perfect for the challenge and great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful card Kim! Absolutely love the sketch you've used to showcase our colors this week! Awesome work!!!

    Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooooooow, KIM! This is SUCH a gorgeous card! That stunning composition really let you show off Lisa's colors in the best possible light! I love this! FLOWERS = swoon! Thanks for sharing your delightful work with JUST US GIRLS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!