Saturday, April 23, 2011

SSS105 - You make me smile

It's a rainy day here in North Andover, MA so baseball and soccer was cancelled this morning which means I was able to get back to my favorite Saturday moring routine.................sipping coffee and playing along with this week's Sweet Spot Sketch Challenge!  I had purchased this adorable digi stamp called "Sweet Blossom" by Wee Stamps awhile back, but I had never colored her up.  I added tiny rhinestones to her headband and to the centers of the flowers. Isn't she so sweet?!


I decided not to add the embellishments in the sketch
because I think it looks sweet just as it is.  Here is the sketch:


Stamps:  Wee Stamps Sweet Blossom, Verve Thanksful Heart  Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black  CS:  SU pink pirouette, PTI white, lavender moon  PP:  Basic Grey Kioshi paper pad  Tools:  Nesties ovals, Copics (E11, E00, E000, R20, R85, R83, R81, E35, YR23, YR21, Y21, V15, V09, V12, Y08, Y04, Y02, YG13, YG11, C03, C02, C01, C00

8 comments:

  1. Kim, this is adorable! The coloring is wonderful, but I especially appreciate how you cut the oval in such a way that her head is coming out of it. :) I've tried that technique too (using a Gina K video) but have never gotten the results as you have! Just lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those soft lavender colors are perfect on a yucky rainy day. And that image is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stamp is precious - love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Love the image and the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful, Kim!!! Lovely job on the coloring and matching it with the patterned paper! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet indeed! I love your out of the box technique with her!
    Thanks for playing along with us at the Sweet Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim this is DARLING! I LOVE that sweet image.. I think I need to go get it! :) Your card is so PRETTY!
    Have a GREAT day! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I just colored this image last week (can't show it yet) and I wish I had thought to have her coming out the the image panel like you have done!! Looks beautiful Kim!!

    I hope you had a wonderful Easter!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!