Saturday, April 23, 2011

Bridal Shower invitations

I was asked to make bridal shower invitations so I had an excuse to hit my favorite craft store (Absolutely Everything in Topsfield, MA).   This shower will be an outdoor luncheon in June so I wanted to do something floral.   As soon as I saw this Hero Arts "Delicate Blossoms" stamp set, I knew what I wanted to do!  This was the sample I emailed to the customer. 


I used Microsoft Publisher to print the invitations.  I stamped the image in Momento Tuxedo Black ink and colored the image with copics (V09, V06, V12, V000, YG17, and YG 13).  I added some shimmer to the flowers with a Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  I matted the invitation with PTI lavender moon CS and then mounted that on PTI Plum pudding CS.  

The customer loved the design, but then told me the bride prefers more vibrant colors.  It is fall wedding, but the customer wanted a color that would tie in the theme of a summer shower AND a fall wedding so we settled on this.


This time I stamped the image in Momento tuxedo back ink and colored the image with the follwoing copics:  R01, R02, R05, YG93, and YG85.  I matted the invitation with PTI melon berry CS and then attached it to PTI terracotta tile base.  I used a clear star Gelly Roll pen to add some shimmer to the blossoms again. 


I used a the PTI A2 envelope liner die and a Sizzix Flourish embossing folder to line the envelopes.  And here they are packaged and ready to be shipped across the country to sunny CA!


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful invitation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just beautiful. I hope someday I am good enough to be asked to make invitations of some kind. What an honor too...
    Great job,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. The bride will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous, Kim!!!! I'm just wondering how many of those you have to make??? You are going to be coloring your heart out, g/f!!! The bride has to be sooooooooo incredibly happy with these. You did her proud, hun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim these are BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE them!!! The bride must LOVE them!!!
    Have a GREAT day! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. KIM!!!! NO WAY!!!! These are incredible. I am in love. *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are AMAZING!!!! The bride must be thrilled with how these came out...I would be!! :) Love the touch of sparkle you added to the flowers and the envelope liner you did!! You might need to go into business girlie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful invitations and the envelope liners makes the set so polished and professional.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!