Thursday, April 28, 2011

April Showers Bring May Flowers

I am playing along with the Verve Stamps April Diva Dare - Day One challenge which is to make something that fits the theme of "April showers bring may flowers."  I am always happy to ink up my new stash of Verve Stamps.  This company has quickly made it to my top three favorites (along with Papertrey Ink and My Favorite Things)!  I combined this challenge with the Clean & Simple Stamping Sketch #137.


I inked 3 Verve Stamps sets to make this card.  Those pretty flowers are from the Wishful Elegance set, the leaves are from the Dream Big set, and that sentiment is from the Thankful Accents set.  I just love that font!  I colored the flowers with my copics (YR18, YR15, YR12, Y08, Y04) and I adhered the smaller flower on top of the larger one with a foam dimensional and added PTI b\pure poppy buttons to the center.  I stamped PTI Background Basics: Text Style to the white panel in SU crumb cake ink.  The leaves are stamped in SU old olive ink.  I adhered that pretty patterned paper from the Memory Box Brioche 6x6" paper collection onton PTI kraft CS.  The ribbon is PTI harvest Gold.  Here is the sketch:




This card was featured on the Verve Stamps blog from the April Verve Diva Dare Challenge!

10 comments:

  1. This turned out terrific, love the bright colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Kim! Love the bright/bold color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card, Kim........Love the patterned paper and the polka dot ribbon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty....
    Have a great weekend.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so pretty!! Love the color combo. Wish I was a stamper like you!! I have no idea how to stamp, that's why all my images are colorable!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is just beautiful! Love the combination of sets you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Kim...this is beautiful! The colors, the bow, the super cute flowers all come together wonderfully! Great job with the sketch...your details are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! It's so happy and makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card! I love your text background and the bright red and yellow just makes me happy! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!