Wednesday, March 7, 2012

TSG Weekly Trends - Paper Piecing

I hosted the Weekly Trends over on the There She Goes  Clear Stamps blog today and I focused on one of my favorite techniques which is paper piecing so I thought I would share it here on my blog as well.   


I decided use one of my favorite TSG stamp sets.....Puppy Love to show you this technique.  

I stamped the image in Momento tuexedo black ink and colored all but her dress with my copics. I chose patterned paper that I wanted to use for her dress and stamped the image again onto the patterned paper.  As Karen Giron would say, I then "fussy cut" just the dress from the patterned paper. 


Then I simply glue the dress into place.  I like to use Diamond Glaze.


And here is my finished card:


It's always fun to do paper piecing on clothing, but try doing it on something like a flower image, a lamp shade, an umbrella, etc.  The possibilities are endless!

I am entering this card in Jen del Muro's March Sketch for You to Try.
Here is the sketch:



5 comments:

  1. Adorable. I like to paper piece as well. Torico's images are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what darling paper piecing, such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute card, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!