Saturday, November 16, 2013

Tutorial : Making a Burlap Wreath

Not too long ago, I made this Autumn burlap wreath I promised to put together a tutorial.  



I've made a 2nd burlap wreath and this time I took some pics along the way to show you how to do it.    You will need a 16" green box style metal wreath frame, approx. 40-50 feet of burlap, some floral wire, wire cutters, and some floral stems of your choice.  

I used 2 1/2" wired burlap ribbon to the make the wreath above.  For this tutorial, I used non-wired 4" burlap.  Personally, I prefer the look of the 2 1/2"wired ribbon.  Anyway, here we go!


Gather the end of the burlap ribbon and tie it onto the inner rung of the wreath frame.   I use my wire cutters and sip off the excess wire after it has been secured.  


Make a loop and then tie it to the frame.  Trim the excess wire.  
Make the same size loop and tie it the next rung.  


Continue make the loops and moving back and forth across the rungs as you attach them.   


Add the floral stems of your choice to the last section of the wreath and attach them with the floral wire.


That's it!  Your done!  

6 comments:

  1. Both are gorgeous Kim! Thanks for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Kim, thanks for sharing your tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cool!!!!! how long did it take approx?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, that is beautiful! My fingers would be so sore :) Thanks for sharing this tutorial - I think I may give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thanks for the tutorial. I'm gonna have to try this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!