Friday, November 1, 2013

Bye Bye BIrdie Brown Blog Hop

Today I am participating in a very special blog hop in honor of Torico, illustrator and owner of Birdie Brown digital stamps.  Sadly, Torico announced that she will closing her shop at the end of November.  You can read post on the Birdie Brown blog HERE.  

Fortunately, Torico will continue to be an illustrator for There She Goes Clear Stamps so you will still be able to purchase her images in clear stamp form.  However, we wanted to give her digital shop a well deserved farewell so a group of designer, led by Lesley Croghan, have gotten together to surprise Torico with a blog hop featuring Birdie Brown images.  

I decided to color up the Elf digital image.



I colored my image with copics and paired some PP from the Echo Park Tis the Season 6x6 paper pad with some PTI white and MFT black licorice CS,  I stamped an image and sentiment from the MFT ornament Banner Builder stamp set.




Ready to hop?  If you want to start from the beginning, head to Lesley's blog.  If you came here from Lesley's blog, the next stop is Chaitali's blog




17 comments:

  1. Awesome! Love that sprightly elf and as always, your amazing colouring!!!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kim! Your coloring never ceases to amaze!! Gorgeous card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magical, I'll miss Torico's gorgeous images very much, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just knew you'd do something stunning! Gorgeous card lady & LOVE that image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thats a sweet little elf! Love the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you sooooo much for giving me this special day! I was truly surprised! Love the simple design and your coloring on the ornaments. They look real!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cool Christmas card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eep! Love love love your card Kim! After seeing your card I'm so happy the little elf is already sitting on my desk waiting to be colored! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card. Another fab image from Torico.
    Hugs Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this elf, I like the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm enjoying the Hop, Kim. It's a great way to celebrate Torico's talents. I have this image, too. I can't wait to color it up! I love the way your shading shows folds and has deep contrast. I'll be using it as a model for mine.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful christmas card...love your colouring and how you grounded the image.

    ReplyDelete
  13. He's just wonderful Kim. Your coloring is always so inspiring and you use the best layouts. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Elf is super cute... Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!