Sunday, November 17, 2013

JUGS215 - Warm Heart on a Cold Day

I am typically not a big fan of color challenges, BUT when I saw that thus week's Just Us Girls #215 challenge involved red, kraft, white, and brown I had to play along.  This is on e of my favorite color combos!  I just received a stash of new MFT goodies yesterday and I couldn't wait to start inking up my new stuff!   I decided to combine this challenge with the Sketch Saturday #285 challenge.

This card features the new released MFT Pure Innocence Warm Winter stamp set.

I started with a 5"x5" red hot CS base.  I stamped the argyle [attern from the MFT textile backgrounds stamp in sweet tooth ink.  Next I used a stippling brush and some sweet tooth ink on the kraft panel to create the snowfall.  I tore some white CS and added some glitter to the town edges to create the snow drift.   I added some white opal liquid pearls to create the snow under her boots and sprinked it with glitter.  I also used a glue pen and randomly added some dots to the showfall and sprinkled it with glitter.   I heat embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder.


I used a white gel pen to add some freckles to her cheeks.  I also used some white opal Liquid pearls and glitter on the snowball in her hand.


Here's the Just Us Girls #215 challenge:

Here's the Sketch Saturday #285 sketch:



5 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Kim! Gorgeous colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of my favorite color combinations...might have to play along. What a fun card, Kim! Loving those sweet rosy cheeks, and your 'snow' is perfect! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous image, wonderfully coloured and lvoe the falling snow. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Kim, love your coloring and the snowy backdrop you created. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! ~Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!