Saturday, November 5, 2011

Whimsie Doodles Release Day!!!

This is my 3rd post of the day. 
If you are here for the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge, click HERE!
If you are here for the Just Us Girls Challenge, click HERE!




Who's ready to see the newest whimsical images by Whimsie Doodles?!?!  I am so thrilled to part of this DT and so spoiled that I get to see and play with the new images in advance.  Yep, that's right.  I'm bragging.  :)  OK, enough of that!  First up, let me introduce you to "Shy Fairy."


Could she be any cuter with those big 'ol glasses?!?  I colored her with copics and then paper pieced her dress.  That DSP is from the PTI black and white basics paper pad. I paired it with some PTI white and raspberry fizz CS.  I added some  5/8" black sheer ruffled edge ribbon.  I tied some baker's twine in a bow through a white button that I mounted on top of a PTI raspberry fizz button.  I then hand cut some leaves out of PTI new leaf CS to mimic the flower on her dress.  Of course, I added some glitter to her wings!


Next up is over the top adorable Candy Cane Elfling!




Do you love her or WHAT?!  This time I started with a PTI kraft card base and stamped a few snowflakes in PTI Fresh Snow ink.  I added some DSP from the PTI Distressed Dots Patterned Paper Collection. I matted the DSP panel with PTI white CS.  I colored the image with copics and matted it on some PTI pure poppy CS.  I punched the bottom edge with the SU eyelet border punch.  I added some natural jute / twine, a PTI ripe avacado button, and a tag made using the PTI Tiny Tags stamp set and coordinating die.


Next up is another Christmas cutie called Hiding Elfling! This time i made a Christmas tag.



I used the PTI Tag Sale #1 die and a die from the Doily Details Collection.  The DSP is from the Echo Park Seasons Greetings 6x6 paper pad.  I colored this sweet little elfling with copics and paper pieced her dress.  I used a silver star Gelly Roll pen to add some simmer to the jingle bell.  I added some ivory vintage seam binding to the top of the tag.

And finally, meet "Sleigh Ride Elfling!"


For details on how I made the clouds, click HERE!  I colored the image with copics and used a silver star Gelly Roll pen to add some shine to the jingle bells on the sleigh.  I used some frosted lace Stickles for snow.  The CS is PTI kraft, white, black, and pure poppy.  I stamped some snow flakes in PTI fresh snow ink and added some rhinestones.  Some cherry Divine Twine completes the card.  



Be sure to check out my fellow Doodlicious Diva's creations  

with the new releases, too, and then head on over to the Whimsie Doodles Store to get some of the new images for yourself!  There are a couple more there that you have yet to see!

8 comments:

  1. OMgoodness Miss Kim! These are All so Darned CA-UTE!!! 8-) Loving all the Darling Elflings and Sweet Shy Fairy too! So Cute Cute Cute! Did I mention they are all so CUTE!! ? ;-) Seriously though, Love your card and tag LO's and wonderful coloring too! Thanks for all the Inspiration my friend! 8-)

    Hope your Weekend is Fantastic!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable and fabulous work. Your designs are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADORABLE work!!! So many fabulous designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was some serious cuteness overload there girlfriend!! Your designs always make me want to sit at my table and create!! I LOVE that tag...and plan to tuck that little bit of sweetness away for inspiration!! And the way you did made the button look like the flower on her dress on the first card...BRILLIANT!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so pretty! Love the whimsy and cut images Kim. The traditional colors look so good! The one with the sled is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are TOO CUTE FOR WORDS! I absolutely adore that first one, with the glasses and wings. And I just can't get over your coloring! Have you taken classes?

    Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!